Blogaholic Designs

August 9, 2012

Reassurance

Just had a long chat on Skype with one of my close friends, Dean last night and we were just talking about our future, as in what course will we be taking after our A-Levels results are out this coming Monday. After our conversation, one word popped into my mind: Reassurance.

Most of the time we humans tend to be very insecure about a lot of stuff. Choices we make are often unmade because of our insecurities and we tend to think too much of the consequences rather than the main thing itself. I know that sometimes its good to think of the outcomes of a certain choice, but we are too often blinded by the "side-dishes" of a meal rather than the "main course".
Through our conversation, I've actually learnt that in certain times where we have to make big big choices, we need the right friends or peers to actually reassure us of anything that we feel insecure of (if it is the right thing to do of course). And last night, i actually started to realize how important friends are to me.

The right friends will tell you to do the right thing, at the right place and at a right time. The right friends will encourage you to make a wise choice. A right friend will listen to you and try to sort things out for you, making everything clearer. Reassurance from friends brings peace and serenity to your soul. Who says only couples can sort things out and make decisions for each other? Friends can do that too!

I don't know whether Dean felt any reassurance or not after our conversation, but I felt reassured after listening to him share his thoughts about my problems and insecurities. I don't know why but he is one of a few friends who can actually brings reassurance to me, and the surprising thing is that I just became close to him in less than a year. Maybe God uses him to tell me what i need to know? Only God knows.

Anyways, reassurance from friends can help me out a lot (I believe most of us do), but if we look at a bigger picture, you will find out that reassurance from God will even help you out more than friends can do. In Hebrew 13:5, He said, "I will never leave or forsake you". When I first read this verse, I can sense that God is speaking these words right into my heart and I for the very first time experienced reassurance from someone so great, so powerful. Isaiah 65:24, Before they call i will answer, while they are still speaking i will hear. Wow, God is such a great God, and there are lots more verses which portrays reassurance to us by our Father in Heaven.

But,at the end of the day, it all comes to us, whether we are willing to rest in His promises or not. Are we willing to have faith in Him and trust that He will guide us in our path and in everything? Are we having a heart that is open enough to cast all our troubles and insecurities to Him? Are we letting Him take charge of our lives, or are we taking charge of everything based on our abilities and strength?

Till this day I am still learning to have faith in God. Because only when we trust in Him, then we will feel reassured. God is a loving God, and He's willing to wait for us to call upon Him. It all depends on us now.


Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment